The Baltic University Programme’s main aim is to support building strong regional educational and research communities. As a part of this, we are arranging a scientific symposium in Visby, Sweden, 24-28 August, 2020.
- an opportunity to meet colleagues
- an arena where to discuss research
- an opportunity to disseminate and take part of new knowledge
- an opportunity to get published and spread research in the BUP
Please visit our web site for the BUP SYMPOSIUM 2020: http://www.bupsymposium2020.se.
There are in total three parts of the BUP Symposium:
1) Parallel BUP events Monday 24th August (free of charge for colleagues from BUP Member Universities).
2) BUP Research Forum – Research and Innovation for a Sustainable Baltic Sea Region Tuesday 25th August – Wednesday 26th August (free of charge for colleagues from BUP Member Universities).
This scientific conference will stress the following different themes that will have their own sessions at the conference:
- Climate Change and Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Sustainable Water Resources
- Urban-Rural Development
- Sustainable Mobility
- Circular Economy
- Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)
- Sustainable Tourism
- Sustainable Societies.
You may submit an abstract for the theme sessions at the BUPSYMPOSIUM2020 via the web site. At this stage, we invite you to submit an abstract (http://www.bupsymposium2020.se/index.php/register-submit/call-for-abstracts-theme-sessions) for any of the nine theme sessions. In December we will open the registration for part one and two of the symposium.
3) 5th World Symposium on Sustainable Development at Universities (WSSD-U-2020) Thursday 27th August – Friday 28th August
The symposium is entitled: “Universities, Sustainability and Society: Supporting the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals”, and will contribute to the further development of this fast-growing field.
Colleagues from BUP Member Universities are welcome to apply to Lyudmyla Babak at the BUP Coordinating Secretariat, if you are interested in having one of the 20 places with reduced conference fee of Euro 150. The fee includes free lunches and coffee breaks on 27th-28th August 2020 and a free on-line copy of the publication “Universities, Sustainability and Society: Supporting the Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals”, to be made available to the authors who contributed to it.
We hope to see you in Visby;
The BUP Coordinating Secretariat, Uppsala University